Welcome message

 Welcome message


I am honored to be joining such a brilliant school and more importantly an accomplished swimming squad and PE Team. This is my third posting in the Middle East, having had the opportunity of spending wonderful years at the British International School Riyadh and in Oman. While l admit that Dubai with all its bright lights, glitz is way more glamorous than Saudi Arabia or Oman, one thing weaves through these cities and Countries - the warmth and care of the Arabian citizens and the high ambition of students in the region. I am mindful that the PE department at GIS Al Khail is doing an outstanding job. My role is to extend on these successes and ensure that we become the school of choice in the emirate and one of the top-performing sports teams nationally. 
My experience of having worked at the British School Riyadh, iCAN British School in Cambodia has given me a unique vantage point of how we can work together with all stakeholders, the school, students, teachers and parents to enhance and create an enviable sporting legacy at the school. 

 I believe that sports are more important than ever at this time. The pandemic has left a lot of students idle and lacking in physical opportunities, sadly we also have the growing cases of mental issues and poor well-being as a result of being locked up indoors. This is why it is imperative that we get moving, dare to dream again and ensure that we re-capture and exceed the spirit of old. There is a litany of research that proves that an individual who is active and does group or individual sports gains the required skills and confidence to succeed in other parts of their life. This is what l hope to capture and foster at our school. My own doctoral research in Sports Science  highlighted the importance of a healthy, active body for a health and happy mind. I hope we can count on everyone's support as we seek to reclaim our previous success in sports as a school. 

 Lastly, l am excited to get to know the beautiful Emirate of Dubai and other areas in the UAE, work on my fledgling cooking skills and find groups that practice my two loves - aerial gymnastics and taekwondo. 

My hope is that once restrictions are eased that l will get to meet all parents and guardians either during sporting events or other events set by the school. 

Dr. Hadeel Harraz

Post a Comment

0 Comments